One of the most sophisticated and elegant pieces you can have in your dining area is a marble dining table. Be it a grey marble dining table, a cream marble dining table and chairs, or a round marble dining table set for 4, it's undeniably a statement piece that never fails to impress your guests. But the question is, how do you keep your marble furniture looking as good as new?
Marble is a porous material that needs special care. Here are some useful tips for cleaning and maintaining your marble dining table:
1. Regular Cleaning: It's essential to clean your marble dining table regularly. For everyday maintenance, a soft cloth and a little warm water are enough. You can also use a mild dish soap, but avoid acidic cleaners like vinegar or lemon juice, which can etch the marble surface.
2. Immediate Clean-Up of Spills: The moment there's a spill on your marble dining table and chairs, clean it up immediately. Being a porous material, marble can quickly absorb liquids, leading to stains.
3. Use Coasters: Even if you have a rectangle marble dining table with ample space, always use coasters. Placing hot dishes or cold drinks directly on the marble can cause it to discolor over time.
4. Professional Sealing: Get your marble surfaces professionally sealed to protect them from stains. Sealing doesn't make your marble effect dining table stain-proof, but it provides more time to clean up spills before they seep into the pores.
5. Avoid Abrasive Cleaners: Never use abrasive cleaners or scrubbers on your marble dining table and 6 chairs. They can scratch the marble and damage its finish.
6. Use Placemats: Protect your 4 seater marble dining table from scratches by using placemats. They add an extra layer of protection, especially when you have young children who might accidentally scrape their cutlery on the table.
Following these tips, you can maintain the shine and luxury of your marble dining table set for years to come. After all, a clean and well-kept marble dining table can add an unparalleled charm to your dining room.